Saturday, April 30, 2011

run away with me.

Vintage-polaroid-shoot3_large

This summer is going to be pretty crazy for me. I get out of school May 25, then Friday the 27, I visit Vanderbilt, and that Sunday, I left for a week to attend Volunteer Girls State. I get back from that June 4, then June 5, I leave for a four-week Governors School program. Crazy!
I've been so inspired by vintage luggage these days, since I'm going to be needed something to pack my stuff in for all these trips! I love the imagery of vintage luggage, it has a "getaway car" or "run away with me" feeling, like I just threw my vintage pearls and a 1950s dress in it to escape with my forbidden lover.

5494825835_16236d5265_z_large
source: weheartit
She__s_leaving_home___by_karumello-d3be0c7_large
Tumblr_lj7728qejf1qbzevyo1_500_large

I especially love the trunks. They would probably be the most practical, considering the amount of clothing I have to take (vintage skirts, dresses, blouses, ooh lala!).

Tumblr_lk766att0m1qjnsq5o1_500_large

Does anyone know where I could acquire one of these treasures? I would love to take them with me this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment