Wednesday, May 11, 2011

is it only Wednesday?


Mm, today was a mixed kind of nice. First block-- Latin IV--was productive for an hour; I worked on an assignment due Friday, so I'm neatly on time, then I played Dante's Inferno hangman with the boys. The class is predominantly girls, but only two of them (myself and a sweetie named Paige) really talk to the guys, but they're my pals-- Morris, Schneider, McLong-long, Cooper, and Caudill. They tease me endlessly like boys do, but I enjoy them kids. Maybe I'll feature them someday, them cuties.

dress: thrifted
bag: thrifted
shoes: diy (found here)

This piece is one of my favorite vintage treasures. It's sweet, versatile, and I think the color works for spring as well as autumn. It also I think gives me a bit of an edge, at least around here, because I don't see many girls wear something like this, especially with some diy saddle oxfords, haha.


The rest of my day was just as easy. I had a potluck for lunch, and we watched Forrest Gump. I have to say, I have a hard time watching Forrest Gump, because I'm never sure whether to laugh, be disgusted, or cry. As a general rule, I try not to watch movies that make me emotional; there's only so much of that I can take, and I get it mostly in books. I think I watch movies to be entertained, not to be moved.


Psst...are you seeing how green it is outside? I love it.
I'm not a huge fan of rain (it's wet and humid and groggggy) but I love the magic after the rain. I find that I'm most inspired to write when it's really green outside or very, very cold. I spent part of the afternoon writing poetry (then I took a nice healthy nap).
Tomorrow's Thursday...and then...FRIDAY!

adieu, adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment