Thursday, June 9, 2011

i'm so glad we found each other...

I'm having a blast now at Governors School. I've really connected to my roommate, Eileen, and our suite mates Forrest and Sumner. I've also met the lovely ladies Erika and Jessie; we all spent most of the evening watching movies on the internet over popcorn, jokes, and chocolate. I even had (almost) all my homework done before we started-- the ideal hangout.
My routine is essentially as follows: wake up around 7:15-7:30, breakfast at 8:00, then class at 9:15. Second class at 11ish?, and lunch at 12:30. I start my day with Art History (the only place where "it looks like a vagina" is a valid answer), and then I have US History. At 1:30, I have an Ethics seminar, which is pretty mind-blowing, if I do say so myself.
Classy. I love grilled cheese.
So, despite our rigorous class schedule, we found time to goof around and make mockeries of our brilliant selves. After lunch, we decided to spend some time outside, of course, taking pictures! I find that I'm coming more and more out of my camera-shy phase. We all decided to climb trees, something I haven't done in years, and frankly, I was wary to stick my hand somewhere that I couldn't see. And I'm pretty sure that in the process of scrambling up there, I showed the entire world under my dress. Whoops.
As is typical of us Humanities scholars, we adjourned our photoshoot with readings of poetry and myths. We kind of decided to do it on the fly, and took them from excerpts in our Art History book. Logan is planning to bring some poetry from the library tomorrow. It was peaceful, restorative. 

Lovely day! Tomorrow is Eileen's birthday, whoo! Happy birthday, sweetie!
How are you? I feel a little removed from the fashion community these days.
adieu, adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment