Sunday, July 3, 2011

birds of a feather (or pterodactyls?)


Hello, hello! Back to outfit posts, as promised!

dress: Walmart
gladiators: Ross
bag: target
sunglasses: ?

Today was a bit of a blah day. After a month of get-up-and-go with the same people, always moving and laughing and making memories, to sit around with nothing to do in particular was strange. The heat added to the general lethargic mood of the house too. But I did get myself up to go see some Fourth of July fireworks tonight, where I got to hang out with my friend Hailey, whom I met at Governors School! It was weird to see so many people from my "normal" life that I haven't seen in weeks; I saw Watts and Linea and Shohei, and it was like an out of body experience. And the hills we drove over-- I did not realize how flat Martin was till I was nearly puking when we drove these curvy Sumner county streets.

creepy...

My dress was kind of spur of the moment buy when we were at the Martin Walmart. We were there to pick up a pack of v-necks and fabric markers to make our occult shirts with (can't tell you, or I'd have to kill you), when someone suggested getting something cheap in the clothes section. I think Forrest is actually the one who picked it for me, and i love it. It's a bit more mainstream than I'm used to, but it's easy and light and I can wear it in the fall too. 
When I first wore at Gov. School, my (very) Chinese friend Angie said, "You look so much more Asian!" (What?)


My Gov. Schoolers informed me that I am a "natural hipster." Gonna have to do some investigating on that one. Urbandictionary said: "hipsterism" is really a state of mind,it is also often intertwined with distinct fashion sensibilities. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses...The "effortless cool" urban bohemian look of a hipster is exemplified in Urban Outfitters and American Apparel ads which cater towards the hipster demographic...Anti-hipster sentiment often comes from people who simply can't keep up with social change and are envious of those who can.
INTERESTING.

adieu, adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment