Wednesday, July 20, 2011

dirty mouth? clean it up!

green pants: thrifted
satin shirt: thrifted
flower necklace: Old Navy
nude heels: Target

I. HATE. THE. DENTIST.
To be fair, I hate going to the dentist, I have nothing against dentists themselves. I hate going to the doctor as well. I turn into such a big chicken when Mom tells me I have an appointment, and I imagine all sorts of needles and drills and shots they can stuff into me in one visit. Once, I had to get some blood tests done, and when the poor nurse came to give me the shot, I argued with her: "You don't have to give me that." She answered, "But the doctor said..." "No," I smiled reassuringly, "you really don't have to give me that."
Unfortunately, Mom stopped me, and I got the shot.
Still, my loose, toothpaste-green pants sure comforted me today when I was shaking at the office, staring at all the informational posters showing the inside of teeth and gums... 


One word inspired today's outfit: REFRESHING! Refreshing like fruit, like watermelon.
I love the combination of pinks/reds with this green, it looks so sweet! In fact, I wore these colors the first day of Governors School, and I got the "Friendly Fruit" silly superlative. Inspiring!
My little flower is another piece that I've had trouble pairing things with, because it's a little different from the rest of my wardrobe, but I'm pleased that the silver of the chain complimented the silver of the shirt.


adieu! adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment