Saturday, July 23, 2011

polka!

dress: modcloth
shoes: Target
flower hair ornament: The Looking Glass
bag: thrift

Today was the long-awaited and dreaded SENIOR PICTURES SHOOT. I got up at the butt crack of dawn for a morning shoot that lasted till lunch. In addition to the traditional cap and gown photos, I was forced to take took some photos for my mom's sick pleasure fun. This was one of the dresses I got while in Martin, at Sugar and Spice, and I absolutely love this little beauty.


I know you're thinking, "Really? Another red and/polka dot dress?" YES! YES! YES! I think I have some kind of polka dot fetish. It's a problem I love them. Coincidentally, my mom wore polka dots today too; we took some of the professional photos together. She had a blue polka dot blouse, while I wore this. We looked like AMERICA. (Whoops.)
Unfortunately, this dress isn't the best for windy days like today. When walking across the parking lot to take my photos...

169629_700b_large

Well, that was great.


My flower hair pin I got at a little coffee shop in Martin called The Looking Glass, where they hand make everything. They sold hair pins like these, scarves, necklaces made out of ties, t shirts, and some of the BEST iced coffee I've ever had. I'm working on figuring out how to make them myself so I can have some in different colors! But till then, I love the gold; it'll work well for fall. I love the mustard and greens this year, I have a feeling they'll be splattered all over my wardrobe.

adieu, adieu!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I saw this on Chictopia and chic voted straight away, it's a darling outfit you've put together and you look lovely!
    Take care sweetheart & have a fab Sunday :)
    Jennie
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit! I'm just loving your little woven bag too. It's darling.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look wonderful, I looove that dress, and I have those shoes, too!


    <3Meghan

    ReplyDelete