Thursday, July 21, 2011

thank you.

white denim dress: thrifted
loafers: target
cardigan: Old Navy
hat: Ross
Archimedes the Owl: Sugar & Spice (Martin, TN)

This outfit is one I forgot to post a few days ago; this dress is a recent find, and I absolutely love it! I wore a strapless bra with it too, which usually is uncomfortable for me, but strangely, it worked out perfectly. I even felt thinner
I've found that I have more confidence when I feel thinner, not necessarily look thinner. And I'm finding that so much of that comes out of what I eat. This summer, I've been eating fruit like crazy, watermelon, apples, pineapples, grapes, yum! I used to eat chips and bologna ALL the time when I was younger, and I had some major body image issues, but now I find fruits and veggies to be the answer (NOT broccoli, I'm still too immature for that). I never would have believed how much better I feel. 


But it goes deeper, really. I would say that it's that the new way I feel about myself allows me to take some new steps in how I dress. For me, it was a change of attitude; do I want to blend in, do I want to just get by, or do I want to be attractive, do I want to try to put myself forward, show myself? I think that's something that I appreciate about the blogger/fashion community, it helped me to see that everyone has a beauty all their own. Maybe that's obvious, and it's easy to know in the head, but it's difficult to feel with the heart. So, thank you. Thank you for everything, from the bottom of my heart.


adieu, adieu!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling more confident when eating healthier foods. I feel so tired after eating junk food and that really makes me lose confidence. I love the blogging community for allowing so many people (myself included) come to accept who they are and support each other. Great post!

    Mackenzie
    Reasons to Celebrate

    ReplyDelete